Monday, August 9, 2010

Love Is My Religion Ziggy Marley

Tweet This



Hey check out this unplugged video of Ziggy Marley performing, "Love Is My Religion." I LOVE this song!

Think about it, Internet, what if everyone practiced the Religion of Love? Even better, how about the Religion of Unconditional Love? Where everyone is accepted no matter the color of their skin, their sex, their sexual preference, shape and size of their body, or the color of their eyes and hair.

The world I see looks a lot different. Everybody, after all, just wants to be loved for who they are.

And what stops us from giving our love freely? Fear. But remember when we judge someone, it's based on our own insecurities. That's right when we judge someone else, we are simply judging ourselves. It's never about the other person.

There is an easy an solution. One so obvious it is usually overlooked. We must first start by loving ourselves unconditionally.

How can we love anyone else unconditionally, if we don't love ourselves unconditionally? We can't.

And this is where the buts get in the way, "But my butt is too big," or "my butt is too small," or "when I finish my degree," or "when the house is perfectly organized," or "when I feel good," or "when my Mom loves me the way I need her to."

Get the point? Life is perfectly imperfect. And today is as good as any to start unconditionally loving all our quirks and imperfections.

If life were perfect, it would be so boring and there would be no challenge. Change starts with me, so here I go Internet.

"I love myself completely and deeply."

That wasn't so bad. Give it a go.

Need more help? Check out this mind movie I found on YouTube. Or click the link to learn how to make your own mind movie.


Breathing,
Psychic Surfer

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter