Sunday, August 15, 2010

Gluten List

Tweet This



Sometime around July 23rd I read through a list (posted by a twitter friend, thanks!) of foods containing gluten. Shortly, after reading that list I was inspired to cut gluten out of my diet for two reasons.

One, to feel better. And two, to look better, in other words, get rid of belly fat.


Gluten is a protein found in grains, such as, wheat, barley, rye, spelt, kamut, and oats and their associated products. Since I've eliminated gluten, I've been getting questions like, "what is gluten?" and "is gluten listed in the ingredients?"

These aren't easy questions to answer, so I'm including a list that will help you answer these questions for yourself. Click the link to see what foods are gluten free, as well as which foods contain gluten.

To simplify the gluten free process for myself, I limit my grain to rice, mainly brown, since whole grains stabilize my blood sugar levels. Meaning I don't eat any cereal, breads, pastas, etc.

My diet mainly consists of fruits and veggies, nuts, turkey, eggs, chicken, water, coffee and dark chocolate. A girl has to have some fun, thankfully there's sex and surfing for that.

I'm happy to say I feel better. The meals I eat are satisfying. I am eating less, and not feeling like I'm starving. My energy is more even, without all the highs and lows.

My belly is slowly shrinking, of course, I'm incorporating exercise into my belly shrinking plan.

A gluten free diet takes a bit of planning ahead, and if I go to a restaurant I usually pick a salad. Also, if I go to a party, I eat my main meal before I go. I keep nuts and fruit on hand when out and about. Also, I make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.

Gluten is the devil, and the way to God is a gluten free diet. I am the Anti-Gluten. Gluten get behind me.

However, if I could eat Gluten and feel good, I would. But I can't. So I don't. And honestly, I don't even miss it.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Watching my calories (a new habit for me) is enough for me at the moment and I'm hoping to see results in the near future. I'll admit that it's been an eye opening experience to pay attention to how many calories are in some of my favorite snacks.

As I'm sure that going to a gluten-free diet has been an eye opening experience for you, right? Good for you! Glad you're feeling better.

ALEX said...

The crazy things we do to fend off insanity when theres no surf!!

Unknown said...

You are so funny.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter