Saturday, November 6, 2010

Kelly Slater Wins 10th World Surfing Title

Tweet This



I remember the first time I saw Kelly Slater surf in person. He was pulling into barrels, and pulling off airs at Trestles in 1990. Slater was blowing and inspiring minds on the beach.

Twenty years later, he's still doing the same thing, at 38 years young. Some people say he isn't the best surfer in the world, but when I think about it, who else comes close to this freak of nature?

He's surfing better than ever, and have you seen his body lately? Hotty boom ba lotty. The dude is fit and flexible. A winning combination, apparently.

Congratulations to the champ on his 10th World Surfing Title. And even in all his greatness he's pretty humble and still has time to high five little kids, and say hello to a dog.

Updated: Saturday November 6, 10:45 a.m.

Kelly Slater on winning his 10th World Title:

"I just want to send my condolences to Andy's (Irons) family. If it wasn't for him (spurring me on competitively) I wouldn't be here, right now. I want to dedicate this win to Andy."

1 comment:

pikaki said...

Hotty boom ba lotty lol you got that right sistah! Congrats to kelly!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter