Friday, November 12, 2010

Your Stuff Is My Stuff Too

Tweet This


"Mom, can I wear your glasses?" asks Gio.

"Sure," I say.

5 Minutes Later.

"Thanks for giving me these glasses FOREVER," says Gio. "I love how they make everything pink!"

"Hold up," I say. "I said you could wear them, not have them."

"But you have two pairs!" whines Gio. (Insert moderate tantrum.)

5 Minutes Later.

He then proceeds to offer me a deal, "Here's two quarters, now you have to give me some kind of glasses."

5 Minutes Later.

My Mom gets in the car, eyes the sunglasses, and says, "Hey, those are cute glasses!"

"Uh huh," I say.

"Let me try them on," says my Mom.

5 Minutes Later.

We're driving down the road, to drop my Mom off at home, and she says, "I like these glasses, can I have them?"

"Yeah, sure," I say, though I was nervous Gio was going to freak out that I wouldn't give him the sunglasses.

I hoped he wouldn't notice her getting out of the car with the sunglasses on, but he never misses even the smallest detail.

"Uh, Nana, you forgot to take off the glasses," says Gio.

"No, I'm keeping them," says My Mom.

I thought he'd start screaming his head off, about the injustice of it all, and how life isn't fair, but all he said was, "Okay."

3 comments:

Erin said...

ok. verdict in. your family is HILARIOUS!!!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

The funny thing is I wrote the part of the blog, only involving Noah, and was thinking this is an ok blog, but then my Mom gets in the car and hits it out of the park.

EndofTired said...

ah...the power of Nana.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter