Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chloe Reincarnating

Tweet This


"If I didn't have to work today, I would have gone to the SPCA to see if Chloe was there," I say to my BFF. "But that wouldn't work out mathematically in terms of reincarnation, would it?"

"No," says my BFF.

"How long does it take to reincarnate?" I ask.

"Fifty-two days," says my BFF.

And at the moment my brain still thinks Chloe's here. I can see her walking around the house in my mind.

I hear the blinds shuffle, and I see her walk out from behind the noise makers. She used to use the blinds to wake us up out of bed.

When I sit down on the couch for a breather, I feel her in my lap.

When I forget to close the door to outside, I worry she's gotten out of the house.

When there's something in my nose, I reach up expecting to pull out a Chloe hair, heading towards my sinus cavity. (We were close.)

I'm truly amazed how many times a day I think about her. I guess that's what happens when I live with someone for nearly 16 years.

Yes, I know she's in a better place, but without her, I surely am not. Death is hardest on those left behind. And right now, I'm having a really hard time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't go to it when I lost my dog to cancer in 2009, but the Monterey SPCA has a pet loss support group. I can't seem to find anything about it on their website. But you might call and see if it's still around.

It's possible that Chloe might send you someone you need in the meantime.

My thoughts are with you and Chloe- Hugs-C

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Thanks C <3

chenmeinv0 said...

nike store
fitflops sale
burberry outlet
curry 3 low
michael kors handbags
ralph lauren outlet
valentino shoes
prada handbags
mont blanc pens
air jordans
2017.3.10xukaimin

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter