Saturday, February 12, 2011

Searching For Kelly Slater

Tweet This

Photo by Hans.

It seems everyone, except me, has seen Kelly Slater, who is in town this week for the 2011 AT&T Pro Am Golf Tournament.

"Wendy, guess who my friend saw at whole foods?" asks Gio's teacher.

It's pretty obvious who the answer is going to be.

"Uh, Kelly Slater?" I guess, playing along.

"Yes!" says Gio's Teacher. "She said he eats very well."

Barely 1 Hour Later

"Guess who I just saw?" asks a friend.

Sigh.

"Hmmmmmmmmmm, Kelly Slater?" I say, taking a deep breath.

"Yes!" says my friend. "I carried my daughters' surfboards onto the golf course, and he signed them! Are you jealous?"

"No," I say, but I couldn't help feeling a little bit defeated. "Wait you carried two surfboards onto the golf course?" I ask.

"Yes, I live on the 18th hole," says my friend.

Okay, now I'm jealous.

I did try to see him. Twice. I had tickets to attend the the AT&T Pro Am for two days.

Wednesday, I missed him because I had to surf before going to the tourney, since I didn't surf the day before. I couldn't miss two days in a row of surfing, not even for Kelly Slater.

"Where are you?" asks my friend.

"I just got out of the water, I sill have to take a shower," I say, lamely.

It was nearly 11 a.m. and I take loooooooooooooooong showers.

"Wait, are you already there?" I ask.

"Yes and so is Kelly Slater," says my Photographer Friend.

"Okay, take pictures, please," I plead.
http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
And she did because she is AWESOME, and so were her pictures of his forearms, I mean Kelly Slater!

Eventually, I met another friend and we got to the course close to 1 p.m. I think.

"Do you see Kelly?" asks my BFF.

"No," I say. "But I think I see Kevin Costner."

"Oh great," she says.

I felt terrible for dragging here to a golf course for nothing, and even worse, Kevin Costner, so I bought her a churro.

"I can't believe we didn't see Slater," says my BFF. "Oh well, at least I got a churro out of it."

I didn't really want to find Slater for me. I wanted to take another picture of him and Gio together. I had even devised a complicated plan for another friend to drop off Gio and her kids to have their pictures taken with the 10x World Surfing Champ.

It. Was. Going. To. Be. So. Cool. :p

When I saw Gio after school he was pumped to go to the golf course to see Kelly Slater.

"Yay!" says Gio. "We're going to the golf course!"

He likes the churros, too.

"No," I say. "We're not going."

"Why?" asks Gio disappointed.

"Kelly Slater isn't there," I say. "We missed him, again."

"Awwwwwwe," whines Gio.

I thought I'd see Slater for sure Thursday, but I got severely mixed up on the Monterey Peninsula Country Club golf course walking around in circles looking for him.

"Have you seen Kelly Slater?" I ask EVERYONE.

"No," they all say.

Before I knew it, it was time to pick up Gio from school. I was in shock I failed two days in a row.

"There is something seriously wrong with me," I think to myself. "Maybe I'm cursed? I must have used up all of my 'Seeing Kelly Slater Credits,' or something?"

I have seen him a lot. The interview alone, must have used up 80 percent of my credits!

Everyone else has seen Slater, except for me. However, I still had some hope left in me. I may have run out of tickets to the golf tournament, but Kelly Slater is a surfer first, golfer second. I hadn't given up on seeing him at the beach..............

........................to be continued Sunday February 13th, 2011.




Photo by Hans.

2 comments:

Unknown said...


Some of our vision happen to be tremendously private together with exiting him or her exposed to the sunshine cartier replica sale is usually threatening. For this reason, the easiest way to break free of it's that will dress in eyeglasses. Eyeglasses appearance tremendously attractive together with cool, and even they're just handy together with important. These aid to preserve an individual's vision with UV (ultraviolet sun's rays). Miu Miu Eyeglasses consist of a lot of varieties, figures, types together with designs. In the present day, cool appearance set in direction which means that sunshades utilizing pigmented eyeglasses which include pink, yellow together with blue has to be IWC replica sale popular. Warmer summer months concerns ocean, standard water hobbies, and also interesting during the direct sun light. Thereby, it is actually fully understood you do pay out as a minimum certain of your time over the ocean. Some people choose to visit the ocean, everyone should offer an individual's go well with, ocean sandals resorts together with direct sun light creme; shed almost the entire package in your own large-sized ocean designer purse. A good ocean designer purse appearance attractive together with cool, and that you a great room or space that can put your whole equipment during. Bandannas appearance chanel replica sale rather posh through summers. They never mainly give you a beautiful appearance but will also help to keep nice hair out an individual's vision and an individual's slimmer at bay. Flip flops happen to be airy sandals resorts, known as Gorgeous hawaii sandals resorts. Those provide sweat-free step through summers. Never forget to have him or her in your own warmer summer months shopping list.

Unknown said...



There are aswell kids admeasurement Sunglasses for children. Coats are absolutely fashionable and adequate to use. Sunglasses cast is one of the best accoutrement companies who are bearing the ablaze accouterment for mountaineering activities. It is abnormally acclaimed for the winter Sunglasses fabricated of 18-carat down, which are accustomed to the accessible as down jackets. Sunglasses nowadays is a cast not alone acclaimed by antic person, but aswell acquiescently acceptable Cheap Ray Ban by appearance ate person. Cutting a Sunglasses is no best the altered searching of alfresco antic people; it is, as time goes, acceptable a appearance appearance to abrasion Moncler jackets in algid winters. If your anorak is a ablaze adumbration of brown, biscuit or tan, a chrism or fair will go able-bodied with it.

If your anorak is a actual Ray Ban Outlet aphotic adumbration of amber that is about black, accept a atramentous shirt to abrasion beneath it, or even a aphotic gray. About any blush will go able-bodied with a aphotic amber anorak because it is so abutting to black. Accept the colors depending on what division it is. For example, abrasion a red shirt with your aphotic amber Sunglasses at http://www.stylecop.co.uk to reflect the colors of the alteration leaves and the accepted feel of the season. If you are accessory a actual academic occasion, abrasion a brittle white shirt.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter