Friday, February 25, 2011

Jonny Lang Live in Carmel

Tweet This

Musical Master Jonny Lang.

"How was Jonny Lang?" texts my friend.

"AWESOME!" I text. "One of the best performances I've ever seen."

Jonny Lang wasn't playing music, HE WAS THE MUSIC.

"He was channeling something," says Hubby. "It was kind of scary."

Scary, no. Intense, yes.

Donning skinny jeans, an Eisenhower styled shirt and Chuck Taylors, Lang looked like a teeny bopper when he took the stage.

"Oh my gawd, he is so cute," I say apologetically to Hubby.

Lang has an amazingly sexy, deep, raspy voice. But to my surprise, he is a smooth crooner with the ability to nail plenty of high notes, too. While Lang's vocal range is strong, his guitar skills is the stuff legends are made of.

Hypnotizing is the best way to describe his dizzying guitar strumming. Lang makes love to his guitar, which explains his orgasm face. :p



I loved Lang's cover of Stevie Wonder's, "Living For The City," which was released eight years before Lang was even born. Great music is timeless.



My favorite song of the night, "Lie To Me," one of Lang's biggest hits, started out as an emotionally dark, solo acoustic rendition to a charged electrical jam with his band mates.



Lang brings his heart and soul to the stage, making the concert a mystical experience for me at times, especially on the gospel inspired, "Thankful."




The concert had a garage-like jam session feel to it, and was filled with tons of musical improvisation, making it a personalized experience for the audience. Lang was generous with the stage, giving each band member time to showcase their individual talents. They all gave impressive solo performances.

"Wow, that was amazing!" I say to Hubby, when the concert ended.

"Yeah, it was!" agrees Hubby.

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter