Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Introducing Athena and Luna

Tweet This


Vinny and Athena.


Gio and Luna.

As it turns out we couldn't wait the entire 52 days for Chloe to reincarnate. And honestly, I think it's going to take much longer than 52 because she seems to be "hanging around."

Yes, I see dead cats.

Anywho, on Wednesday, last week, my car decided to drive Gio and I to the SPCA after dropping Vinny at swimming. Yes, Vinny's back in the water and much less grumpy on the days he swims, just like Mommy on the days she surfs, which is why she surfs everyday.

Oh right kittens! We found them Wednesday, as I already said. They are everything kittens should be fun, playful, affectionate. And somehow we managed to leave without them. Probably because the shelter closed at 5 o'clock, and they kicked us out.

"Honey, tell me something so I don't adopt those sweet, cute kittens," I beg Hubby.

"Just don't go to the SPCA and you won't have that problem," Hubby says.

"Oh no, you don't understand," I explain. "It's not me, the car automatically drives there all on its own," I say.

Kind of like a nice Japanese-made Christine.

"Well, just get one of them if you go back," says Hubby.

"Okay, if there's only one kitten tomorrow when I go back, I will only adopt one," I promise.

But I knew in my heart I wouldn't be able to separate two sisters, unless someone else did it for me, epecially after looking at all the photographs of Chloe and Shadow when they were babies.

Thursday After School


"Mom, we have to get the kittens today," says Gio.

"I don't know?" I say.

"Maybe we should wait until Valentine's Day," offers Vinny.

"We can't wait until Valentine's Day to get them," says Gio. "That's a special day for those kitties and someone will adopt them. And then we won't get them!"

When we got to the shelter, both sisters greeted us eagerly. I knew then, there was no way I was going to be able to separate two sweet, innocent babies.

Though, when we arrived home with two little fur balls, I thought, "Oh my two kittens, I must be crazy," for about five seconds.

Did I mention they are BOTH so sweet and cute, I can hardly stand it? I love my babies.

I have a funny feeling there are going to be a lot cute kitten pictures coming up on the blog................

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet little kitties!

christina

EndofTired said...

Yay! Kittens! Love!!
More pictures!!!!!

Christine said...

So stoked for you guys! Lucky kitties!

BTW, when I lost my dog to cancer, this ladies site really helped me. There are some great free articles.

http://www.animalenergy.com/index.html

Sara said...

That's wonderful! It was meant to be...

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter