Monday, February 7, 2011

Safety Dance Glee

Tweet This


"You know what this song is about right?" asks Hubby with a smirk.

"No, I don't," I say, curious.

"It's about, using condoms and having safe sex," says Hubby. "Safety dance, safe sex, get it?"

"Really?" I say, in disbelief.

Actually it's a popular myth that, "Safety Dance," is about safe sex. However,"Safety Dance," is a song demanding the freedom of expression through, dancing, specifically pogoing, jumping up and down like a pogo stick, which can lead to violent slam dancing.

Apparently, in the 80s, bouncers in night clubs threw out anyone pogo dancing, deeming it dangerous. And if you've ever been in, or on the outskirts of a slam pit, you know it's dangerous.

All it took was one ankle mashing by an out of control pogoer, for me to steer clear of slam pits for the rest of my life. Dude didn't even say he was sorry. Rude!

Where was that bouncer when I needed him?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope... it was about condoms. Nice try "pogo'ers"

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Oh it's pogo'ers is it?! Hmpf.

Anonymous said...

i used to have an old boyfriend who drove around in a tacky sports car with fuzzy dice handgun' from the mirror...
he used to put that song on all the time and he thought it was hilarious. What was I thinking i wonder....?

maybe, "sweet dice"

thanks for reminding me of a weird time in my life!!
AHAHAHH!

christina

Anonymous said...

not hand gun!!!
***
HANGING

Christina

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

damn you autocorrect! Canada was this your last life because I'm pretty sure you weren't even born when safety dance was popular let alone "dating."

Anonymous said...

I swear!!! He got obsessed with the "old"song... but this must have been like 12 years ago...

OR was it just last month...
hmmmmm....
I cant really remember because i always have so many boyfriends!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter