Sunday, February 21, 2010

Getting Organized.....

Tweet This



Some people are gifted in the skill of organizing. They say things like, "it makes me happy when everything is organized," or "I actually like doing it."

I like doing it, too, just not when it comes to organizing........

The problem, for me, with organizing is, where do I start? There are so many areas in the house, the car, etc, that are in disarray, I get overwhelmed, scattered, and I end up organizing, nothing.

But last week, I decided I can't go on living in this clutter, and I've made a serious commitment. Internet, are you ready to hear what it is?

Okay, then.

I'm committing a whopping five minutes a day to tidying up around the house, aside from laundry, dishes, and bathing, except for lazy days.

Now five minutes, probably doesn't sound like much to the Queen of Clean, but once I get going I seem to last a lot longer, than five minutes.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I've learned that what works best for me working one room at a time. When I look at the whole house, it can be quite daunting. But if I focus my attention on one room at a time, then it helps me to retain my focus and not become so frustrated over how big a chore it is to keep organized.

Mind you, I'm not the perfect housekeeper. My house is very much lived in and not the museum. But it's clean. :o)

You can do it!!

EndofTired said...

For you...maybe one wall in one room. Anyway, you go! The first step is admitting you have organizational deficit disorder.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

I'm focusing on 1 foot square areas of messiness. Walls are far too big.....

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter