Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Lovely Bones

Tweet This



My movie club, went to see The Lovely Bones this past weekend. The movie is based on Alice Sebold's novel, of the same title.

Fortunately, one of the movie club members inspired me to re-read the book before seeing the movie. Thank goodness! I remembered all of three things from the book, two of which could be learnt from the back cover.

If ya haven't read the book, and enjoy reading, I highly recommend it. It's a powerful story and suggests there is a life after death. And the life after death is dictated by the choices we make, which sounds just like the life before death, right?

But onto the movie. I thought they did an awesome job staying true to the novel! Yes, some parts were left out and the time line was different, but many details were exactly the same.

That said, I don't feel as if I would have understood and appreciated, the movie as well, if I hadn't read the book. Many of the details from the book were, but subtleties in the movie.

Overall, the movie nailed the book!

Oh and as for the movie club, which I haven't mentioned before, since it was just created. We have one rule, if there isn't a movie for the book we can't read it. Though, maybe we can get our hands on the script?
 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter