Saturday, February 13, 2010

Surfing With Kelly Slater

Tweet This


1st time I saw Kelly Slater surf, Trestles, California, 1990.
He was mind blowing!



Eight days ago I tweeted this:

Last year I interviewed Kelly Slater http://bit.ly/6LODbS @ the AT&T at Pebble Beach. This year it'd be fun to surf with him in the ocean
9:38 AM Feb 5th from web


So, this morning when I heard Kelly Slater himself, surfed my home break last night I was mad, and then sad. Apparently, none of my friends thought to call me.

Or if they did, "it was too good to get out of the water to call you, sorry."

Now I have to live vicariously through those who got to surf with him.

"Slater paddled straight out through impact zone, instead of paddling out in the channel," says my friend.

My friend went on, "Then, when he got out to the lineup, Slater said, 'That was a hard paddle out.'"

"Then a crazy wave came right to him, he took off, and got barreled," says my friend. "When Slater paddled back out he says 'I just got a sick barrel,'"

My other friend commented on Slater's barrel, "it was the best barrel I've ever seen ridden here."

Apparently, Slater took off on a seemingly, unmakeable wave, pulled into the barrel, pumped several times through a close-out section, and magically came out.

Somehow I'm not surprised, and a little disappointed I didn't get to see it with my own eyes...........

Overall, the guys had a great time surfing with him. Lucky sons of guns.

4 comments:

pikaki said...

bastards

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

hahaha. A true friend is someone who can make you laugh when you're sad.

EndofTired said...

Took the word right outta my mouth.

Sara said...

I wish you could have been there, that would have been awesome for you, Wendy! Maybe next year....

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter