Sunday, March 21, 2010

Compassion

Tweet This



I was cleaning up the kitchen when I accidentally knocked a glass, full of silverware, onto the linoleum floor.

"Crash, clank, clink," went the glass, forks and spoons.

Hearing the commotion, Gio runs into the kitchen to see what's going on.

"Uh, what were you thinking?" inquires Gio, spying the mess on the ground.

"Um, it was an accident," I say sheepishly.

Then he picked up all the silver ware, without being asked.

"Where did all this come from?" Gio asks.

"It's dirty," I say. "You can put it in the dishwasher."

He left the glass lying on the floor. At first, I wondered why he didn't pick up the glass, too. Then I realized he didn't see it.

And I knew he was doing his best to help me out, despite his oversight. Probably just like all the rest us. We do our best, and it's never perfect, but it is the effort that counts.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I love this story--so sweet. That sweet little Gio!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

I know it was really nice especially cause I was feeling a bit out of it and tired.

Stefanie said...

Amen sister. Our greatest lessons come from our children.

Heather said...

What a great lesson, Wendy. And so true.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter