Monday, March 8, 2010

Praying for Layla Grace

Tweet This

Layla, face of an angel.

One of the great things about Twitter, is it's a place where anyone can count on prayers from their community, whenever prayers are needed. I found @LaylaGrace through one of my twitter friend's prayer for Layla. And I've been praying for her ever since.

She is only two years old, and stricken with cancer. She is basically only receiving hospice care, to keep her comfortable.

Yes, Layla's story is sad, tragic, but it's also very inspiring, for me.

Every time one of her parents tweets anything regarding Layla, whether it's excitement over a bowel movement or how peaceful she is while she's sleeping, or asking for prayer, I'm reminded of what's important in life.

LOVE.

I am so grateful to her family, for having the courage to share their journey with the world. I'm not sure I could do the same.

Though my kids are healthy, thank goodness, it is easy to forget how precious they are, sometimes. But when I forget, Layla is there to remind me. And we never know how long we have with anybody here on Earth, do we? There are no guarantees in this life......

Anyways, I'm asking you to help however you can. With prayer, reading her blog, or by joining the boutique Layla Grayce's facebook fan page. For every fan that joins the boutique's facebook fan page, one dollar is donated to Layla's medical care. (Customer's of the boutique, which has a similar name to Layla, urged the store to get involved in Layla's cause, and they did!)

Amen and God Bless. 0:-)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I just added your post to Forever Playing With Angels ~ http://shopinyourpjsforlaylagrace.blogspot.com/2010/03/love-for-layla.html

Hope you can stop by and follow!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter