Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Who Needs Toys

Tweet This



Who needs toys? A few rocks, placed in an empty box, sealed with duct tape and super glue, will keep a child busy for hours.

"I wonder what toy is inside the box?" ponders Gio, tugging at the cardboard flaps.

When he finally got inside, he was just as excited about the contents, as I was.

"Mom, look it's a new case for your droid!" says Gio. "Can you believe it?!"

After all, life is about the journey, not the destination.

And just to be clear, while card board is fine for the kids, that material would never do for my toys, it's not water proof.

5 comments:

Stefanie said...

Isn't that the truth. No matter what toys I bought when my kids were young, they were at their happiest in the Tupperware drawer.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Both my kids loved the kitchen toys.........

Unknown said...

did you mean waterproof for the shower or the ocean?

Sara said...

Oh so true! Strings and blankets are big hits at our house, too.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

lol! Erin you know me well :D

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter