Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay

Tweet This

"Guess who's singing this song?" asks Hubby. "And don't look."

"Tracey Chapman?" I guess.

"No," replies Hubby.

"Really?" I ask certain I'm right.

"Nope," says Hubby.

"Beyonce?" I ask.

"No," says Hubby.

"Is she black or white?" I ask.

"White," says Hubby.

"Hmmmmmmm, Fergie?" I ask.

"No," says Hubby totally delighted I'm stumped.

I couldn't think of anymore white girls who sound black, so I guess his new favorite artist. I'm sure he has a little crush on my next guess.

"Have we seen her in concert?" I ask.

"Yep," says Hubby.

"That's Sara Bareilles?!" I ask. "Wow, I'm impressed."

"She's awesome," says Hubby swooning.

See, Internet I told you he has a crush on her. But it's okay because I do, too.

Bareilles's voice is pretty as a bird's in this cover of "Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay," originally by Otis Redding. Bareilles may be white, but she's channeling some sweet soul in this video.

In 1967, Redding died only three days after recording the song, in a plane crash, at the tender age of 26. The song went on to become a number 1 hit. Maybe his spirit was aiding Bareilles in some way........

Enjoy :)

References:
1. Otis Redding Wiki

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As a result, your market segments pertaining to false affordable high-class reproductions are generally every single expanding currently. There are lots of fake rolex that will enter into identifying the significance of such designer watches. For instance you will find there's riches involving quickly definable price inside generally silver and gold coins which have been employed in fake rolex watches. Which has a number of ticks of your respective tips of your fingers, you should purchase breitling replica solutions similar to designer watches, take a trip luggage, outfits pertaining to nominal price tag. There are lots of online websites that will offer false high-class designer watches along with equipment for you to men and women around the world. In case you would like getting a fake rolex for sale, low quality Panerai enjoy, you can actually hunt for the idea on-line. There are several country wide along with intercontinental online websites that supply those that have false high-class designer watches in affordable charges. In addition there are numerous web sites that supply these kind of fake rolex using testimonials involving duplicate designer watches.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter