Sunday, September 21, 2008

Driving Thru

Tweet This
I love drive-thru's.

Drive thru coffee.

Drive thru Mexican food.

Drive thru bagels.

Drive thru banks.

Drive thru pharmacies.

Drive thru oil change stations.

Drive thru wedding chapels.

Drive thru groceries stores, which I haven't been able to find anywhere?!

I am not a fan of drive thru fast food, however. If they can make the food smell good, then, they should be able to make it taste good, right? And, oh, I would also like to feel good after eating the food.

I was sitting in my car, getting a drive thru oil change, when I suddenly thought of another drive thru right around the corner. "Sure," I say to myself, "right now sounds like a great time for coffee." So, I went to Starbucks.

Once I get started with one drive thru, I want more.

I ordered and drove to the window. I was about to pay when Gio asks, "What are you getting me?"

"What would you like?" I ask.

"Hamburger, french fries and to go down the slide," he rattles off in list order.

I had been so caught up in my drive thru fervor; I didn't notice we were next door to a McDonald's. I may have even forgotten Gio was with me since he wasn't making any audible noises. Normally, I would say no to this request because I stand in direct opposition to everything fast food is, but I was feeling guilty for traumatizing him at the drive thru oil change station.

"I don't want to change the oil, he pleaded. It's too loud. It isn't going be fun. I'm going to tell Daddy about this. Awwwwww," he said in his best Curious George voice.

"Okay, I will take you to McDonald's if you don't tell Daddy about the oil change trauma," I say. "But we aren't going down the slide because the drive thru doesn't have a slide."

And just like that we were off to our third drive thru in less than a mile, and Mommy was very, very, very happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is obsessive compulsive drive through behavior. You can call the Drive Through Support Hotline at 1-800-DONTBELAZY... LOL

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter