Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bionically Quittin' MILF Weed

Tweet This
"Honey, we have one episode left of, 'Weeds,' " I say excitedly.

"I'm over, 'Weeds,' " says Stefan.

"What?" I say wondering to myself isn't Nancy Botwin some sort of MILF why would he want to to quit her? "We only have one episode left. You can't quit now."

"Yes I can," he says smoothly. The sander in the last episode went too far."

"I know, but Dan said it doesn't get worse than that," I say agreeing. (Note to Dan: It better not ;-) The sander scene was so bad I closed my eyes. "Well I'm going to watch it."

"You can give me a preview if you want, but I'm not watching it anymore," he says.

I stop with my "Weeds," ad campaign knowing it is useless. When my husband was a boy his Mom only let him watch half of, "The Six Million Dollar Man," a 60 minute show, because it violated his bedtime curfew.

I used to think this was bad, but I quickly learned it is a great skill to have. When a show goes south my husband can walk away from it without looking back at the TV. He's got skills. I, on the other hand, am skilless and will stick around till the bitter end of a lousy show for no other reason than, "I want to know what is going to happen next."

I attribute my inability to turn off a terrible TV show to my lack of, "Six Million Dollar Man Deprivation Training," as a child.

Besides he knows all too well I will tell him everything about the episode the next day, just like his classmates did in elementary school, whether he wants to hear it or not.

Oh and by the way, he still has his Steve Austin doll with accompanying space shuttle. If only I had the "Bionic Woman".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, it gets worse...i kinda gave the heads up on that, but then again it gets funnier.

you got skillz:
surfing skillz
bike riding skillz
raising a family skillz
saving a friend skillz
etc...skillz

Anonymous said...

i don't know what show you are talking about, but for some reason, in this blog it seemed like you guys were talking ebonics. are you half black or something?

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter