Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Book Thief Markus Zusak

Tweet This




True confession: I haven't read any books lately, because I've been too busy surfing and playing scrabble on my phone. There I said it. I'm addicted to scrabble. I love getting Triple Word with Triple Letter almost as much as surfing, and definitely way more than reading.

"I really need to read a book," I say to myself. "But my bookclub isn't meeting right now, what to do?"

"I've got it!" I say to myself.

Next, I order two copies of The Book Thief, which I hear is riveting.

"Honey, we're going to be in a bookclub together," I say, without asking.

"I have to meet with your bookclub?" he asks nervously.

"No," I say.

Hubby let's out a sigh of relief.

"We're making a new bookclub," I say. "A bookclub of two, just you and me. And we're reading The Book Thief this month."

"Do I ever get to pick the book?" asks Hubby.

"Not if you actually want me to read the book," I answer. "We don't like the same books."

"Okay?" says Hubby.

The next day.

"So have you gotten to the part where the lady spits on the door?" asks Hubby.

"No," I say. "Someone spits on the door? That's weird."

"Well, do you know who Rudy is?" asks Hubby.

"Who is Rudy?" I ask.

"How come I'm further ahead than you?" asks Hubby.

"Um, because you've actually been reading the book today, while I've been playing Scrabble and surfing......."

5 comments:

Kathy said...

LOL! You may want to find another book-club partner. This one just can't seem to keep up ;)

p.s. let us know if you enjoy the book; I'm always looking for something new to read

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

He's pretty much stuck with me ;)

Anonymous said...

thats cute that you guys have your own book club!

Anonymous said...

that was me, christina

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Canada I still haven't read today..........

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter