Friday, March 11, 2011

California Tsunami Warning

Tweet This


Tsunami watchers.

On the way to school, I thought I'd drive by the beach to check the surf.

"Mom, is it really a good idea to go down to the beach when there's a Tsunami warning?" asks Vinny.

"Are you talking back to me? I ask authoritatively.

"I'm not talking back," says Vinny. "I'm trying to warn you."

"Isn't it kind of stupid to go down to the beach to look at a tsunami?" says Vinny.

"He does have a point," I think to myself. 

And then he went on to elaborate the danger we were in "oh look a tidal wave!   Uh oh, it's dragging me out to sea. Ahhhhhh! Now I'm drowning! This isn't any fun."

After that monologue, I got the point and drove the boys to school. 

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Geez, he kinda sucked the fun out of it didn't he. LOL It's cute when they're more responsible than we are ;)

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah I try to listlisten to them as much as possible, but sometimes it's impossible. :)

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter