Sunday, March 27, 2011

Surfing With Vinny

Tweet This

Created with PicSay on my Droid



I had the best day with Vinny. First, we had a chat with Aura Master Rob Robb. Rob was kind enough to explain to my son, "if you keep engaging with bullies, you will only find yourself in bigger trouble."

Which is pretty much what I said, but it helps to hear it from fun people who aren't your parents, when you're nine, I suppose. Thanks Rob, oh Wise One!

Then Vinny and I picked up some grub at Whole Pay Check, where I almost coughed up my lung, but didn't, thanks to my inhaler.

"Phew."

Next, we hit the beach. We only had boogie boards, as I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my new surf racks. The old surf racks, mysteriously made their way to Goodwill. Or so Hubby thinks. They could be lurking in the garage. Somewhere.

After an hour of boogie boarding, with no booties, I was cold.

"Can we go now?" I ask Vinny.

"No, not yet," says a super stoked Vinny.

"Chatter, chatter, chatter," say my Teeth, in reply.

"Okay, sorry we really have to go now, because the parking meter is going to expire," I say 20 minutes later.

As we're leaving we see our good buddy Noah Greenberg, President Extraordinaire of Carmel Surf Lessons, who was at the beach to give surf lessons to some eager students.

"Hey, I have extra surfboards in the van, you're welcome to use them," offers Noah.

"I'm frozen, but if you want to try riding a surfboard, I'll go back out," I say to Vinny.

"Sure!" shouts Vinny.

We feed the ravenous, snarling parking meter more money, and I put on my hood and gloves. Sadly, I couldn't find my spare pair of hidden booties, in case I ever drive to the beach without my regular pair of booties. Hmpfh.

Finally, we paddle back out. It. Was. So. Fun. Yes, the waves were only knee high. But with Noah's helpful pushing Vinny into a some waves, we were able to ride three or four waves together.

It was awesome! We spent over three hours in the water, on top of the hour and a half I surfed this morning. I hope I can move tomorrow............

But even if I am sore tomorrow, hearing him say, "Surfing was so much fun!" makes it worth enduring a bit of pain.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hublot pieces were definitely louis vuitton replica sale composed of stainlesss steel together with jewelry blushed. Consequently during the adhering to yrs, it is actually shown an innovative types of pieces that have plastic bracelet. Any premium substances utilizing amazing variations own constructed any fake panerai welcome across the world. Built during 1980, Hublot has become incredible instantly meant for amazing watchmaking, which unfortunately can help any type has reached any attention hublot replica sale within the famed Swiss see community. A good outstanding offer within the Hublot fake breitling watches produces distinct from many other comfort see types set in any substances applied to processing. Every last information of them fake dior handbags is certainly tremendously imitated utilizing biggest systems.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter