Friday, March 18, 2011

Hardcore Surfers

Tweet This



"You guys don't want to go to the beach in this stormy weather, do you?" I ask.

"Yeah we want to go surfing!" cheer the boys.

"But it's turbo windy, super cold, and I think it's going to rain," I say in a convincing tone.

"So," they both say in unison. "Let's go surfing."

There's only one person who can be blamed for my kids hardcore surfing attitude. Me.

And honestly, the wind and the cold weren't bad at all. But when the rain squall hit, we all made for the car.



The boys were in wetsuits, not to mention the ocean, and the rain couldn't have made them wetter, no matter how hard it tried. But the dog and I were easy targets, me in my water absorbent clothing, and the dog in her fur, were soaked to the bone.

"That was traumatic," says Vinny afterwards. "But totally worth it."

And it was. Watching my sons play joyfully in the sea, while screaming, "Yahooooooo," is even better than going surfing myself......


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So RAD! :)

Christina

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter