Thursday, July 7, 2011

Haboob

Tweet This


"Honey, you gotta see this!" says Hubby, watching the Weather Channel.

"Holy cow!" I shriek. "That's a huge Ha-boob!"

According to Wilma Weathercaster, "The Ha-boob, a giant wave of dust, was two miles high and up to 100 miles wide in some places, blanketed the city of Phoenix."

"Can I see?" calls a voice that's supposed to be sleeping.

"Sure," says Hubby.

"I think a lot of people have learned a new word this week, if they never heard of Ha-boob, now they have," says Wilma Weathercaster.

Uh, Wilma I think we've all heard of a boob, in fact, all my friends have two of them.

"I know what a Ha-boob is," says Vinny.

"What kind of books are you reading, they seem inappropriate?" asks Hubby.

"A Ha-boob is large wall of sand," says Vinny. "It was in a book I just read, "Questors."

"Wilma Weathercaster said it was dust," I say.

"Sand, dust it's all the same," says Vinny.

And now for the rest of the night I will be hearing things like, "ha ha ha ha boob," and "I've never seen Ha boob so big!"

I'm. Not. Kidding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And little ol me is in Phoenix watching the Cars 2 at the IMAX in Scottsdale. Come out and....hey why's it foggy in Arizona?? It's just like PG football games. Oh wait its dirt. See ya soon....your fellow teacher who loves the HEAT

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Lol! I kept thinking that's a big wave, thank goodness it's not made of water!

nana/mama said...

Smart grandson that knows what a haboob is.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter