Sunday, July 31, 2011

Back To School Shopping

Tweet This


The light at the front-end of the line.

I don't consider shopping a sport and neither does , a calorie counting app. Yes, I checked.

It's badjavascript:void(0) enough going shopping alone, today, the whole lot of us went shoe shopping for the boys. All three of them. In fact, I didn't even get shoes.

Wait why am I here? Oh yeah it's my motherly duty.


Add to that two whining kids, who are genetically predisposed to an extreme DISLIKE of shopping. Unfortunately, they get it from both sides of the family.



Then there was the 169 other parents and their kids all crammed into a sardine can of a shoe store called the Vans Outlet Store.

Good times.

Somehow we made it out alive and with 8 pairs of shoes, for about twenty-two dollars and some change, per pair. Not too bad.

Yes, we fared pretty well, and that was before my American Apparel rampage where I thought the skinny jeans, normally $72 dollars, were all marked down to $25!

"Wow, this is a really good sale," I say to Sales Clerk Annie. "I can't believe these are all marked down to twenty-five dollars."

"They aren't," says Sales Clerk Annie.

"Oh," I say.

Apparently, I found the one pair that were marked down to $25, while the others were all $52. Which is $25 backwards right? It is, trust me, I did the math several times.

"So I guess I'm dyslexic," I say to the sales clerk.

"Maybe," replies Sales Clerk Annie.

I was all set to by the skinny jeans in every color, but I settled for purple and yellow to match my aura. I also bought two pairs of leg warmers.

Yippee!


Somehow it seems wrong to be excited about buying leg warmers in the dead of summer, but that's life in a NorCal Summer.



Anywho.

Like I said we all survived shopping and then some. But one kid almost didn't.

"Oh my gosh!" shouts Hubby. "Did you see that?!"

"You mean that kid who fell off the semi-truck jiggly ride?" I ask. "You're only supposed to sit in the seat. It's a ride. Not a jungle gym. Where's his Mom, anyways?"

"No, he didn't fall off the ride," explains Hubby. "He barely brushed against THAT lady and she shoved him really hard to the ground. He could have hit his head, and been seriously injured."

Tell me about it.


"Woah!" I say. "That's crazy. She must have a red-overlay aura."

Honestly what's wrong with people? Who does that? Crazy people with red overlays, that's who.

But I, being the creative, dedicated parent that I am, seized the moment and transformed it into a teaching opportunity.

"See kids, you need to watch where you're walking," I lecture. "Because if you accidentally bump into someone they might throw you to the ground."

Both boys had startled expressions on their faces. But they paid close attention to where they walked the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Heather said...

School shopping already? You rock! I haven't even started! haha!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter