Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Pt 2

Tweet This


Date Night

"Let's go see a movie," I say.

"Okay, what do you want to see?" asks Hubby.

"Midnight in Paris," I say.  "Let me check the movie times."

"Harry Potter in 3D!" I say. "Let's go see that instead."

"I wish I could go," says Vinny.

"No way," I say. "Remember how scary the last Harry Potter movie was? You wanted to leave during the preview."

"Oh yeah," says Vinny.

Internet I am so glad I didn't take my 10-year-old, though there were it at least 20 times throughout the movie I thought to myself, "I wish Vinny were here, he would know what this means."

Vinny is an avid Harry Potter fan, having read the Potter series multiple times.

But the final film is completely inappropriate for my kids, without the ability to fast forward through the violence and gore. While the last Potter movie had some blood in it, Part 2 of the Deathly Hollows has much more.

The film was full of varying shades of gloomy grey.   The lack of color, save for blood red, gave the movie an anxiety provoking feel as though evil was lurking around every corner. And actually it was.

Honestly, I felt stressed out watching the movie, and couldn't stop saying, "Poor Harry," and  reminding myself to breathe.

"Why did I think this was going to be fun? " I wondered.

That being said I'm glad I saw the last Harry Potter movie. Though the movie was like a rollercoaster ride, it tied up a lot of loose ends and the 3D was AMAZING!

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter