Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sugarland at Californ Mid State Fair Paso Robles

Tweet This


Dynamic Duo Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush.

When Hubby and I sat down in our center stage Row 17 seats for the Sugarland concert they seemed like great seats. And they were until all the drunk and tall people arrived for the Sugarland concert.

Fortunately, the drunks were confident twenty-something girls, who obnoxiously told the tall people, "sit down, so we can see."

Go drunk girls! Oh and thanks for not falling or puking on me.

Back to the concert.

Honestly, after watching Sara Bareilles perform, I was tired, cold and in need of a blankie and a nap. But then her hotness, Jennifer Nettles, looking sexy svelte in black, took to the stage and I remembered why I was there.

I love Jennifer Nettles, in a Katy Perry kind of way.

Yes, I know Sugarland is a duo, but I find Ms. Nettles deliciously inspiring, even in the company of distracting drunks, whom in most venues, would have been the main attraction. The bossy girls were all over each other, in an "I Kissed A Girl," kind of way.

"I love you!" cry the drunk girls, embracing.

If I go to another Sugarland concert, it's got to be 10th row or better, minus the drunks and their snazzy light up cocktails.

"Ugh," moans Hubby as he's reading this post. "I'm Sugarland out."

The concert set list was fun and inspiring, save for "Stay," which since she leaves I guess IS inspiring, but not fun at all.

Sugarland performed new songs such as "Stuck Like Glue," "Find The Beat Again," and others. They didn't leave out the old songs either including, "Baby Girl," "Everyday American," "All I Want To Do," and more.

I found the medley especially fun. Watch it here and you'll see why.



And I loved their 80s flashback cover of Dexys Midnight Runners "Come On Eileen," with Sara Bareilles. It was Freaking AWESOME!!!!!!



Here's some of the non-blurry pictures I managed to take of the concert. Oh by the way, does anyone have rows 1-5 tickets to see Sugarland, August 26th at Shoreline? No matter, what they say I can never get enough Sugar.

"Pour some sugar on meh!"
































1 comment:

Sara said...

Awesome! It doesn't get much better than seeing your favorites live!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter