Saturday, July 9, 2011

Morning Glory

Tweet This

"Strip Me" Natasha Bedingfield

"Who sings this song?" I ask, as the film credits to "Morning Glory," roll. "I love it!"

"Natasha Redingfield," replies Hubby.

"Bedingfield," I correct.

"I think it's Redingfield," says Hubby.

"Uh, huh," I say politely.

I must have been tired, I'm usually not polite when I'm right. Or maybe these Chinese Herbs for PMS are working.

"Oh, you're right it is Bedingfield," says Hubby.

"I know," I say.


I love the movie, too! "Morning Glory," starring the spunky Rachel McAdams, has a great message, "be yourself," and still manages to be laugh out loud funny.

McAdams plays a television news producer whose childhood dream of working on The Today Show isn't panning out, when she lands a gig on a worn out, viewer-less morning show, DayBreak.

McAdams shines in her role, despite the movie's slow start, with her Lucille Ball-like comedic follies.

The film also stars Harrison Ford, as a fired, curmudgeon, has-been, top notch, television journalist, in the likes of Dan Rather. Not only is Ford surprisingly unannoying, he's actually quite good.

Diane Keaton, who looks great with blonde hair!, plays the co-anchor opposite Ford. Keaton and Ford's relationship is filled with a love-hate based tension, making for witty banter between the two.

The film naturally picks up momentum as the show DayBreak starts to improve picking up viewers with YouTube-esque stunt based feature stories. Humorous and inspiring, "Morning Glory," is my kind of movie.

Trailer for "Morning Glory"

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter