Saturday, October 17, 2009

Getting Kids To Drink Water

Tweet This

The secret to getting kids to drink water.............

Internet, are you ready for this?

Drum roll please..............

"Mommy can I have some lemonade," asks Gio.

"Yes, of course, after you have a glass of water," I reply.

"But I don't want any water," Gio says whining.

"You don't have to drink any water," I say. "You only have to drink water if you would like some lemonade."

"Oh, okay," says Gio giving in, grabbing a glass of water.

So in review, every time my kids ask for something to drink, unless it's my coffee which they only get when my back is turned, they have to drink water first.

Period.

I never make an exception because one exception leads to a billion exceptions. And it becomes their choice to drink water or not. Then, when they make the choice they are responsible for the consequences, not me, this may be the best part of all.

"Woot, woot!"
 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter