Friday, May 20, 2011

Water For Elephants

Tweet This


My pet elephant, Canada.

Tonight my awesome and amazing BFF's took me surfing, out to dinner, then to a movie and later for tea for my birthday. I love my friends. Though when we were all still surfing at 5:30 I had my doubts that we would make dinner let alone a movie and tea.

If there's one thing I've learned from having friends with giant, glowing yellow auras is I've got to glow with the flow. I can actually do this if I haven't had too much caffeine.

At 6:55 I ask, "Uh are we still going to the movie?"

"Yeah! say the BFF's. "What time does it start?"

I thought it started at 7 but it actually started at 7:05, giving us plenty of extra time. We walked in late, which is surprising considering the previews are longer than the actual movie these days.

It was okay, cause I quickly explained what was happening in the movie. I'm psychic like that. And no I didn't read the book, of the same title, which the movie is based on.

Then suddenly, I remembered why I didn't read the book! Ahhhhhh! I brought my besties to a movie about animal and worker cruelty under the Big Tent during the depression.

What? Was? I? Thinking?

"They're never going to go to another movie with me, again. Or worse, they'll never let me pick."


I recently saw the preview for, "Water For Elephants," and was so caught up in the steamy romance between Robert Pattinson (Twilight) and Reese Witherspoon, I completely forgot about the animal torture plan.

Luckily, I can close my eyes and cover my ears, which I did through the gruesome scenes. That being said, the story is compelling, enjoyable, yet stressful. I had to keep remembering to breathe, between screams and snorts.

"Oh my gosh, I know the bad guys are going to come in, right before they do it," I shriek.

But I was wrong they came in right after they came.

"Uhhhhh, uhhhhhh, uhhhhhhh."

Reese and Robert had great on screen chemistry, but not so great that they seemed like they slept together during the making of this movie, I would guess. Though one never knows for sure, unless we're talking about Brangelina. Reese, 10 years Robert's senior had a way better body, I might add.

Score one point for the Cougars! I'm wondering if their age difference has some critics claiming the pair have no chemistry. Sounds like someone's brain needs to be rewired. Men aren't the only ones who have younger mates, Internet.

It was nice to see Robert's true skin color, which is quite lovely like the rest of him, though his biceps could use a workout. But why on Goddess's Green Earth he kept the vampire fangs to play a veternarian, I will never know. Unless, he really is a vampire?

The cinematography was awesome. Every scene looked like a perfect still picture with brilliant colors and faded backdrops. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, though at times it felt a lot like torture, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I may have to read the book to see how well they did the movie......Unless, someone just wants to tell me in the comment box. Someone named Sara Gruen perhaps?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They CAME for sure.....
and scared you.


That was a fun night!
Especially, especially cause we got waves before!
I liked the movie too even though the animal stuff was sad... it was really beautifully shot.

XO
Canada

Anonymous said...

It was a good story. Not everything in life is happy go lucky. A big part of life is overcoming the bad. I love you. :)

maymay said...

A person function as car owner of your personal vehicle. Arranged objectives, arranged rolex replica sale, enter your vehicle as well as generate upon. Visit locations you need to observe, generate quick or even sluggish; don’t cease in order to request individuals regardless of whether your own generating is actually suitable or even in case your options tend to be authorized. Adhere to your personal center, adhere to your own enthusiasm and people that don’t agree is going to be merely another visitors hublot replica sale along for your location. Along with alter over time the actual technologies offers sophisticated with development within technologies, there has been a few groundbreaking modifications within the style and also the build of those effective devices. Right now the energy associated with motor offers rolex replica sale which offers provided one more muscle mass towards the SUVs as well as vehicles, we were holding nearly omega replica uk the very best automobiles about the foothills and also the tough terrains however using the technical development, their own overall performance offers substantially elevated on the highway too. Individuals purchase for them along with plenty of satisfaction plus they possess almost never hublot replica all of them using their actions.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter