Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pleeeeeeeease!?

Tweet This



Six thirty Sunday evening, a school night.

"Mommy, please take me surfing," begs Vinny.

What's a Mom to do?

"Okay, let's go," I say.

Vinny knows my weakness is surfing.

"You can't go to the beach, it's too late," says Hubby.

"Why not?" I ask. "It isn't like he has to lesson plan for tomorrow," I say.

Hubby was either to tired to argue or figured there was probably no use, anyways. So, off we went to the beach.

"It looks really fun," says Vinny, as we pull up to the beach. "Dad sure was wrong."

Actually, Hubby was right. By the time we got home, showered, and in bed, it was 10 o'clock. I suppose that makes me the bad parent. Poor Hubby.

But as one of the surfers in the water put it tonight, "No way, you're husband is stoked to be married to a bad ass."

Though I'm not sure how reassuring that is coming from a drunk person.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Awesome. You're not a bad parent--Vinny will remember that night for a long time. Hopefully into your old age when you want him to take you out surfing because you are too old to drive a car, but not to surf, am I right??!
;)

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

haha! So true! I never thought of it like that. Thank you!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter