Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cold Water Warriors

Tweet This


We could have used some sun today.



Good thing the water is frigid around here, or Vinny and I would never get out of the ocean.

Today, after school we went surfing for about three hours.

"I'm so cold I can't feel my hands," says Vinny. "Can you help me get these booties off, please?"

"Sure," I manage to say through chattering teeth.

Though, after wrestling his booties off, I was certain I wouldn't have the energy to take mine off. Fortunately, I was wrong.

At 6:45ish, after we were ALMOST out of our wetsuits and into most of our clothes, my cell rings.

"Is everything okay?" asks Hubby, concern oozing from his voice.

"Yes, we're almost dressed," I say.

"Is Vinny okay?" asks Hubby. "He was in the water a long time. He must be freezing."

"He's fine," I say.

A little hypothermia, never hurt anyone. Look at me, I'm all right. Though on second thought, maybe that's what's wrong with me?

On the way home, in the car Vinny says, "the heater feels so good. I can feel my hands, again.

"Me too," I say.

"That was really fun!" says Vinny.

"It was super fun!" I agree.

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter