Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Earth is Breathing, Are You Breathing?

Tweet This


I love this video, if for nothing else, than as a companion to breathe along with for one minute and twenty-eight seconds everyday. Yeah, and it goes well with my website's name, "Are You Breathing?"

How perfect is that? Answer: totally perfect!

Breathing, in my opinion, as well as, many yogis, is the secret and key to life.

"That's great!"

Yes, breathing is amazing. It isn't called inspiration(inhale) for nothin' y'all! And breathing is free. Breathing can be done anywhere and no one will think strange of it.

However, adding a loud mantra on the exhale portion of the breathing such as, "Ooohhmmmmm," can quickly enhance even a normal person's weirdness.

Besides, if we don't breathe we die, so it must be realllllllly important. Breathing is the best way to get in the moment, as well as, get in the body. And it's free.

When ever I find myself feeling stressed out with family members driving me crazy, or I'm stuck in traffic, or I'm out of the zone, or I'm trying to solve a problem, or I'm doing dishes, or I'm grocery shopping, I breathe. And breathing calms me down in a few minutes.

"OOOOOh, ahhhhhhh."

So the name of my website is a reminder for me to breathe and it may remind the Internet to breathe, as well. Yes, everyone, whose alive anyways, is obviously remembering to breathe, but they are probably just maintaining the bare minimum respiratory requirement to stay alive.

Think about how great it feels to go outside for a walk, a run, a bike ride, a paddle. Why is that? When the physical body is exerted the lungs pump in more oxygen. Therefore, one reason exercise makes people feel better is because we are breathing more.

When life gets really hard just start focusing on the breath, inhale for a count of four hold for a count of 2 and exhale for a count of four hold for count of two, inhale.............

Did I mention it is free? Oh, right I did. ;-) Happy Breathing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was awesome! I will be looking at Mother Nature in a new light and breath. Thanks for sharing.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

All praise our Mother earth! Amen.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter