Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Birth Control Is A Good Thing

Tweet This


I'm a fan of birth control and for the record both of my kids were planned. However, I didn't plan on some of the parental issues we have encountered.

Being an only child, the hardest issue for me, is when my kids aren't getting along. I've said it before, and I will say it again and again and again.......

Yes, that's when I pull out my speech of, "do you know how lonely it is to be an only child as an adult."

"And if you aren't nice to each other now, you're not going to be friends when you're adults," I say. "Who will help you change our diapers, when we can no longer reach the toilet in time?"

For now, anyways, I can change my own diaper.

I know that's not the complete truth. I have plenty of friends that didn't get along with their siblings growing up, and now they are best friends. Of course, then there are those siblings, that still in adult hood, would like to pull each other's hair out. Those are the ones I like to focus on.

I came across a fairly accurate, funny parenting video, while I was catching up with my friends at Facebook Nation. The video is short and features a kid having a tantrum in public. Oh, and there's also some mention of condoms. I thought I had turned the volume down enough, but apparently I didn't.

"What is that horrible sound?" asks Stefan. "I don't like it. Turn it off."

"That was my brother yelling," answers Gio. In another place and time he would have been right.

Trust me every parent wishes, at one time or another, their kid came with an on/off switch. Or, at least, the switch could be purchased as an add-on accessory.

But, unfortunately, kids do not come with on/off switches, nor can on/off switches be purchased as accessories, yet. Until that advancement in genetics arrives, if you don't have kids, you might want to wait.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like switches.

Anonymous said...

wow, my dog really didn't like that screaming kid. he ran in from the back yard to see what it was and then growled at my computer.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah they don't make them.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

My dog doesn't like screaming either. But does anyone?

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter