Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Weird

Tweet This


Something strange is happening. It started last night. But it is so unusual, I'm sure I must be dreaming. Someone please pinch me.

"Ouch!" Not that hard. I'm sensitive. But thanks anyways.

Okay, okay I'll tell you.

For nearly 17 hours straight our sons have not fought. And they've been together. Working together like two people on the same team.

I love my kids, but the number one thing that I find completely irritating isn't all the laundry or the picking up after or the constant meal preparation or snack production. No.

The one thing I really have a hard time with is all the bickering, squabbling, and fighting.

"Mommy, Gio hit me," whines Vinny.

"No, I didn't," says Gio. "He hit me first!"

On and on it goes. Perhaps, if I had siblings, the rivalry wouldn't be such a big deal, because I would have grown up with it. But I'm pretty sure it would still be annoying.

Anyways, I'm getting worried, because they are still getting along well. I'm not used to civility. Is this normal? Siblings getting along in their youth? I know it's normal for siblings to get along when they're adults. But as kids? I've never heard of that.

Internet, should I be concerned about all of this camaraderie?

"Uh, oh!" I hear shouting. "What's going on?" I ask.

"Vinny is scaring me!" says Gio.

"He broke my Lego agents!" says Vinny in his own defense.

Looks like I have nothing to be worried about. It's business as usual.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

soon they'll be surfing together, playing golf together, chasing girls together, and gambling together.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Gambling???? Is that what your brothers do?

Anonymous said...

haha yea but my mom has NO idea they do it. lol

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

haha? That is not funny. Wait til your Mom finds out. They/we always do. Then you're gonna be in big doo doo cuz you knew too.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter