Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Real Reason We Had Kids

Tweet This


I'm pretty sure the pictures and video speak for themselves. But just in case here's a little clarification.

My husband and I like love to play. We played all through our 20s on bikes, Rollerblades, surfboards and skateboards. When we hit our 30s we were still in "full on" play mode.

But, we knew if we kept on playing, people would start to get suspicious of all the fun we were having, so we thought we would give ourselves an excuse to play.

Yes, parenting is a bit nerve racking at times. All the sibling rivalry, the non-listening tactics, the constant WWF (World Wrestling Federation) moves, sometimes make us want to run away. Parenting is definitely, by far (we're talking light years), the hardest thing we have ever done.

In fact, I often tell people don't do it! But only because I value my life and I don't want people coming back to me saying, "Why didn't you tell it was gonna be so hard?" Sleep deprivation makes good people do bad things.

On the other hand, parenting is the best thing we have ever done in our entire lives. There is nothing that even comes close to sharing all the things we love with our kids. Nothing compares to watching them learn something new everyday. And our minds our blown daily as we realize their unlimited potential and mind boggling brilliance.

In short our kids have inspired us to be better people. And, hopefully, we will survive it. But, even if we don't, it will totally have been worth having them bicycle tow us around on our skateboards.










5 comments:

Sara said...

Yes, and amen.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Hallelujah!

Anonymous said...

Tow me please!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

I keep telling you to come and join us!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Though if you do join us there will be even more people yelling, "hey it's my turn!"

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter