Saturday, June 27, 2009

Farrah Fawcett

Tweet This

Kelly, Sabrina and Jill. (Jaclyn Smith, Kate Jackson, Farrah Fawcett.

I loved Charlie's Angels as a kid. And now, lo and behold, I can re-watch every single episode on you tube. Click here if you would like to watch the original episodes.

With the recent death of Farrah Fawcett,Rest In Peace, Stefan and I were both reminded of our Angel Crushes.

"Wow, Farrah Fawcett died," I say. "She was only 62."

"Really?" queries Stefan. "She wasn't my favorite. The one with the dark hair was."

"Well, there were two Angels with dark hair," I say. "Did like you Kelly or Sabrina?"

"I don't know," says Stefan. "Show me a picture."

"Did you like Kelly or Sabrina?" I say pointing to a picture of the three original Angels.

"Oh yeah, it was definitely, Kelly," says Stefan. "I had a crush on her."

"Kelly was my favorite, too," I say. "Good to know we have the same taste in women."
(Not too mention the fact that I'm not a blond, phew!)

All three Angels, were hot and that was fine and all. But I cannot tell you how disappointed I was to learn that Charlie was not what I had envisioned.

I knew what I was getting into with Bosley, what you see is what you get. But Charlie sounded so mysterious and charming on speaker phone. Then when he finally came out of the speaker phone, he turned out to be my Grandpa! Somehow they always managed to hide his grey hair, when they showed glimpses of his broad shoulders from the back.

"Oh, he was so handsome back in the day," my Mom would go on and on about Charlie.

All I could think, "was that back in the day of the silent movie?"

I'm still a little upset. Is it too late for a refund?



Our Common Angel Crush.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

My fave was Kelly too! So sad about Farrah. Rip.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah 62 is way too young.

EndofTired said...

I loved Kelly. Who were the 2nd round angels? I don't remember watching after Farrah left.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Well I guess Kelly wins. But they were all so cool!

Sara said...

Oh, I loved Kelly, too. My mom didn't like that Farrah didn't wear a bra. I thought she could do as she pleased! RIP lovely Farrah.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

I don't think any of them wore bras did they. I think it was Farrah that was quoted as saying it was the bralessness that got them such great ratings. According to wikipedia anyways. The poster of her was a premonition of baywatch!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter