Saturday, June 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Vinny!

Tweet This
Happy Birthday Baby!

That's right, no matter how big you get, or how much you tower over me, I reserve the right to call you baby for the rest of your life. All because you lived in my belly. Your soul really should have thought that one through instead of just jumping in my vacant fetus. There are always consequences for our actions.

It sounds so cliche, but it's hard to believe you're 8 years old today. And that you're going to be in third grade next year.

"Mommy, do you think they are going to hold me back in second grade," asks Vinny.

"What?" I ask. "Why on Earth would you think that?"

"Because I missed the last day of school," asks Vinny.

"No, you're fine," I say.

I'm still amazed you read the entire Harry Potter series in two months, last Fall. Or that sometimes you are kind and considerate to your little brother, Gio, and baby sister, Kate.

I know Gio really loves you because when he wakes up in the middle of the night he often runs to your room for comfort. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the "keep out!" sign on our bedroom door. Or the fact that we lock the door at night.

Your Lego skills are impressive, and second in our household only to LegoDaddy. But probably not for long.

I love how you are so helpful, and I love your problem solving skills. However, I'm not so fond of all the freaky little noises you make. I'm wondering if you could please reserve those sounds for your alone time in your room (with the door closed), or during school hours. Thanks.

Also, thanks for all the help you give me on my child appropriate blogs. You're already a great writer. Must be the countless hours you spend with books.

"Books are friends, not food."

Yes, I've memorized the script to Finding Nemo. Now, I can claim the title, Mommy Nerd.

I love that you always tell me, "you're the best Mom for me," especially since your brother has been asking to go live with another family for a few days now.

"When I'm well, can I go live with Jenn," pleads Gio. "Please, just for one day."

Even cooler is we have the same warped sense of humor. We can look at each other and without saying a word, we start laughing. It's so fun, even if it confuses Daddy.

"What are you laughing at?" asks Stefan. "I don't get it."

Unfortunately, for him that makes us laugh harder.

Now is probably a great time to mention, I do appreciate those rare occasions, when you listen to me and do what I say. Thanks!

Good luck, Baby.

I love you so much, no butts,

Mommy

7 comments:

EndofTired said...

Beautiful! Vinnie, you are fantastic (I rather like your funny noises). And you're right, she is the best mom for you. Don't ever forget YOU picked her. I think you chose well, too. I am so excited to see your next 8 years...even if I watch via internet.

Erin said...

OMG Wendybird! I can't believe it's been 8 years since I sat at CMS praying for you and whoever that was in your belly to be ok, since Vinny was not supposed to be introducing himself to the world for another 5 weeks!

I miss hangin' out with you, Vin! You probably don't remember all the cool times we had at my condo--sleepovers, making Christmas Cookies (and eating Christmas cookies), walking to your "birthday park" and stopping to see the fire engine along the way, all those hours sitting on the floor playing Candyland and Chinese Checkers (games that I'm sure you are far too sophisticated for now),singing "Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can. . ." It was the cutest thing ever. One time I even called my parents in Washington State and had you sing to them over the phone.

I've directed hundreds of kids in plays, but you are my favorite that I've ever directed! You were so adorable in your little bird suit squawking "pieces of eight, pieces of eight!" and you were such a great little Jewish boy in Fiddler--all those cute middle school girls wanted you to be their pretend son! And I know I might be a little bias--but you were the best mouse/horse in Cinderella--probably because you had so much training by that point!

Anyhow, I could write for hours about all the delightful memories I have with you, but I have to get my rear in gear and get to rehearsal myself.

I love you, Vin. I hope that you have the happiest 8th birthday that any kid ever had in the history of birthdays. And, I love you too Wendy--I know raising kids is tough, but at least cool dudes picked you as their mom!

Happy Birthday Vinny and Wendybird!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday buddy!
You birthday boy you.

May all your birthday wishes and dreams come true!

Sara said...

Sweetness! And good tweets, again!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Wow he's a little person. so creative funny and great to be around. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. He appreciated them! And that was nice walk down memory lane E. He totally remembered.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Thanks. I love twitter. It's a fun challenge to say what I want to say in 140 characters. And now I'm adding useful tips to my tweets!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

those would be called twips I guesss in twitterverse.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter