Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson

Tweet This
News Update from Breaking News on Twitter: TMZ: Law enforcement is looking for a doctor who lived at Michael Jackson's home. The doctor gave Jackson an injection before he died.

My surfing bff and I were just getting back into town, from a surfing no cell zone, I had been unplugged from the matrix for hours.

"OMG!" I say.

"What?" asks my friend.

"It can't be true!" I say. "I'm not going to say it till I confirm its true."

"It's true, Michael Jackson is dead at age 50," I say.

"Wow, he was young," says my friend.

Now I know what it feels like to lose a true pop legend. I felt like our parents felt when Elvis died. I must be growing old.

Not only did I grow up with Michael, but he grew up with me. Starting his career with his siblings, the Jackson 5 in 1966, at the age of 8.

Wait, I wasn't even born yet. Ok maybe I don't remember. But I saw the pictures, that sort of counts.

My favorite MJ album is "Off The Wall." But "Thriller," was pretty good too. Although the Thriller video always gave me nightmares. But "Thriller," does have my favorite MJ song, "Pretty Young Thing," on its track list.



Honestly , though, MJ has so many great songs it's hard to pick a favorite. Fortunately, we will have his music forever.

Yes he had some drama in his life, but eventually I will forget all of his drama. The plastic surgeries and skin whitenings. The molestation trials and the baby over the balcony incident. Yeah, those were all a product of MJ the Man and media hype. Trust me, it can't be easy living under a microscope, while the entire world is watching.

I will always remember MJ's music and his dancing, and so will my children. Those come from something much bigger than Michael Jackson the Man. Something we're all a part of. Call it what you like Spirit, Soul, Yahweh, Creativity, Jesus. Whatever you call it, it's the common thread by which every living being is connected.

The next video is Stefan's favorite MJ song. Do you have a favorite MJ song? Let's remember the flawless, pure spirit of Michael Jackson, by listening and dancing to his music.

3 comments:

Sara said...

So many of his songs are so great. I hope he is at peace. Nice post, Wendy.

Unknown said...

You are right. We will always have his songs. Such a shocker to lose an legend. Makes me feel old.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Reminds of when Elvis died. They both broke a lot of ground. Wish somebody would have told Michael he was a hottie. I always thought he was so cute!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter