Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Book Club Da Da Da

Tweet This

"Use a book mark," instructs Stefan, "this is bad for the binding."

Friday June 26, 2009 10:30 PM

I'm finally on page 200 of "The Kite Runner," this months book club selection.

"I couldn't put it down," says one of my friends.

I wondered if it was because some trickster had glued it to her hands.

To make matters worse Vinny tells me, "I could read that in two days."

"Well, so could I if I didn't have laundry, dishes, a house, a husband, children, a cat, a dog, work, friends, blogs, twitter, facebook................." I ramble on as absolutely no one listens.

Then my husband makes a confession, which makes me feel better, but doesn't help.

"When is something going to happen in the story," I ask Stefan.

"Do you know how long it took me to read that book?" Stefan asks.

"Um, are you still reading it?" I ask.

"No," he answers. "It took me six months," he says.

"Six months?!" I say. "I don't even have six days left. Oh well, at least, I can go to the meeting for good food and good company."

Saturday June 27 12:15AM-1AM

I stayed up way too late reading from page 200 to 230 of the Kite Runner. Especially considering my alarm was set for a 5AM dawn patrol surf.

Saturday June 27 All Day Long

I read 0 pages in "The Kite Runner," despite the fact that I was sick and laying on the couch all day. The book, however, was close at hand, in case I decided to read it.

Sunday June 28 4PM

Still sick on the couch, just woke up from a nap, read from 230-307.

"If he doesn't adopt the kid, I'm not going to finish reading it," I say. "Does he adopt the kid?"

"Mommy you should find out what happens in the book, the way like I do............. by reading it,"

"You have less than 70 pages left and you aren't going to finish it?!" asks Stefan incredulously.

Sunday June 28 10:17 PM
Finished the book, sobbed, tossed and turned for two hours in bed, finally got up at Midnight, for some mindless television relief, Gossip Girl style. I know I love her. xoxo

Wednesday July 1
My review of The Kite Runner. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Stefan said...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo :)

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

ah! xoxoxoxox

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter