Saturday, June 6, 2009

In The Middle of Night

Tweet This

It was about the same size and texture.

"Mommy!!!!!! Daddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!" screams Gio.

Time: 3 AM

This had become a regular occurrence last summer. Wait. Since he was born. But there was a new twist in his nightly waking up ritual. Poo!!!! Every night for about a month, he had been waking up with poo, in his pull up.

"Check the diaper for poo," says Stefan.

"Uh, there's none here," I say giving the area a whiff. It was poo free zone, or so I thought.

I change Gio, and easily get him back to sleep, in his own bed. I lay back down, drawing in a long deep breath, when my hand touches something, in the bed.

"What is that? I ask myself. "A piece of licorice?"

Unfortunately, I'm very olfactory, so I bring the so called licorice up to my nose to determine if it's red or black.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I scream. Da Da Da................(dramatic music)

"What's wrong?" Stefan startles awake .

"There's poop in our bed, and now it's in my hand!" I exclaim.

I jump out bed, to discard the poop properly this time.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I scream. Da Da Da................(more dramatic music)

"What's wrong now?" asks Stefan.

"I just stepped on poo," I say. "And I'm barefoot. It's all squishy!"

Oh well, at least, we were on vacation.

11 comments:

EndofTired said...

bwaahahahaha! Oh that hurts. I mean, I know it was soft, but ow, I hurt myself laughing. I mean, ew, I'm so sorry you had to go through that!


BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

The secret to healing pain and suffering is sharing it with others. It works twice as fast if it makes people laugh out loud.

Anonymous said...

Nice! But a lil' nasty

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Anonymous just be happy you didn't have to touch it twice.

LeeAnn L said...

Between yesterdays and today's blog, I've been rolling on the floor with laughter(I am laughing again). Never a dull moment in your home. ha ha ha ha ha

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Oh yay you're laughing. Mission Accomplished!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hahahahaha! That's all I can say! Hahahahaha!

Erin said...

Ok, that is hilarious, but it pretty much makes me not wanna have kids
grrrrooooossssss :)

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah funny now hahahaha. And I'm happy to provide birth control.

Sara said...

Well done, I laughed out loud, too!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

I guess I need more funny poo stories. Back to the trenches. HOpefully they will be about other people's poo.......

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter