Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Vicks VapoRub

Tweet This

Vinny has had the worst cough, since last week.

"I can't stand this cough," says Vinny between coughs.

Fortunately, he hasn't coughed up a lung, yet.

"I think I have that disease where you can't breathe," says Vinny.

"You mean asthma," I say.

"Yeah, that one," says Vinny.

"Nah, you just have a bad, evil, mean, vicious cough," I say hoping he's wrong.

My husband on the other hand had a different perception of the entire situation: "stop coughing on purpose."

Which Vinny and I had a ball with:"Stop breathing on purpose.Stop eating, on purpose. Stop snoring on purpose, etc.

Though I must admit, he did seem addicted to coughing.

"Vinny you might be addicted to coughing," I say.

"Well, you're addicted to coffee," says Vinny.

And I couldn't argue with that.

Cough, cough, cough, cough, cough........................................

Then two nights ago I finally remembered a solution to all the coughing, hacking and barking. Vicks VapoRub.

Here's the remedy. Massage Vicks VapoRub into the coughers feet, then cover the feet with socks. Then wave magic wand to clear auric field (you can laugh, but I'm not making this part up).

5 minutes after rubbing his feet with Vicks, Vinny says, "hey it's working!"

Though he questioned my technique initially with, "I'm coughing, so why are you rubbing it on my feet?"

But it didn't really bother me, because I get that a lot. Besides, who cares, if it works. He hasn't been coughing nearly as much and it's been 24 hours since I applied the Vicks. Yay for Vicks!

"Cough, cough," says Vinny.

"I'll be right there, with my Vick's VapoRub, honey," says the commercial, and the TV isn't even on. Do, do, do, do.(freaky Twilight Zone theme music).

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I have heard of that remedy before. I will definitely have to try it out next time. Thanks! Feel better Vinny!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Thanks Jess! Yeah sometimes it's just a matter of remembering to use all the littles tricks that's tricky.

Sara said...

Vicks, the miracle elixir...

Stefan said...

"Are you sleeping?" or "Are you coughing?"

EndofTired said...

i've heard it cures funky toenails too. makes you wonder...

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Elixir I like it! I hope it doesn't turn him green.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Stefan LOL!!!!!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

JAMen yes I saw that too. Also, vicks has a flu watch on their website. You can see where the flu is in the entire country. How cool is that?!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter