Friday, July 31, 2009

I Need A Vacation From My Vacation

Tweet This

I think this was taken on Saturday, the best I've surfed Trestles.
I look very happy.


Just got back from a week in Southern California. We stayed within a mile of one of my favorite surf spots, Trestles located in San Clemente. Translation: I'm tired.

I was up everyday very early, usually around 4 or 4:30am to go surfing, so I could be back early to visit family. I was very busy.

I did sleep in til 6 am two times. Once on purpose, the day we went to Disneyland and I didn't even surf. Shocking, I know.

Then the day after Disneyland, I accidentally over slept, until 6am. I was struck with a severe case of Disneyland hangover. Let's just say Mickey drank me under the table. Who knew a mouse could drink so much?

It was a very fun trip. We all loved seeing and reconnecting with family. And the waves, well, I think they called it the swell of the decade or something. Saturday was the best day by far, but the other days were fun. I logged about 19 hours of surf in 6 days and I'm stoked.

The first few days of swell were the biggest. Friday, the first day, I got caught inside by a large set wave, drug in 100 feet, and lost my right contact, all before catching my first wave.

"Some one's gonna die in the ocean today," I say to my friend.

Unfortunately, I was right. A body surfer died at the Wedge, only a few hours after I uttered those words.

I have never been so worked or paddled so much, in Southern California. I had to tell the ocean several times, "you're being rude, please stop trying to drown me, already."

Sorry Mom, I know that's upsetting, but look on the bright side, I'm still here to bug you and tell you, "you are severely technologically challenged. And I love you."

Anyways, I need a vacation from my vacation so I'm not writing the blog today. Wait a second..........

5 comments:

pikaki said...

you took it like a champ. im proud of you!

Wendy said...

thanks! You were awesome too!

Sara said...

I'm glad you survived it surfer-chick-psycho!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful life you live!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Yeah it wasn't so bad, but breathing is one of those things the ocean sometimes reminds me not to take for granted.


Thanks Jess it is really wonderful even if I'm not greatly organized.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter