Sunday, July 26, 2009

"I'll Be Fine"

Tweet This


After reading to Vinny the other night before bedtime, he says, "you should go be with daddy."

"I should?" I say. "Why?"

"Because he's your husband, and you should spend time with him," says Vinny.

"So you don't want me to stay until you fall asleep?" I ask. "Are you going to be ok?"

"I'll be fine," Vinny assures me. "I fell asleep by all myself last night."

It's funny how an 8 year old child can be so full of wisdom one moment, and full of something else, the next.

Oh, the paradox of parenting. It's enough to drive a crazy person, sane. But for the moment, I believe I will hang onto to crazy, otherwise, I might start drinking.

4 comments:

nana/moma said...

Yes, being a Mommy can drive you crazy but it all goes sane when your beautiful child turns to you and says, "you are my best friend". No regrets at being a Mommy. Just remember eventually you will get to be a grandparent and the fun really begins then.

Sara said...

I really like this post, and the photo of Vinny, what a darling. I thought I was unconventional staying with my daughter (5) 'til she falls asleep, but I guess I can do it 'til she is at least 8, now! Thanks!

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Mom somehow grandparent seems very far off for, but I know it's probably right around the corner right.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

I always had a hard time falling asleep as a kid. Sometimes I still do. So if I can help my kids with this then I'm gonna do it. Besides I always think the day will come when they won't want me around and their friends will be more important. And that day is right around the corner.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter