Friday, December 31, 2010

Let's Go Surfing

Tweet This


I went surfing today, Internet! Wow. The waves were pretty weak, but it was fun enough to produce the euphoric peaceful feeling in every cell of my body.

Yes, even when the waves are bad, surfing is still good. I did feel a bit weird being in the ocean for the first time in weeks. But thanks to wii tennis and boxing my timing wasn't too far off, from when I surf everyday.

I have to say I probably wouldn't have surfed today without the help of my surfing BFF.

"Hey, if you surf out in my direction can you pick me up first, please?" I text.

"Yep start getting ready!" she texts.

She knows how slow I am. I was almost ready when she got here, too.

When we got to the beach I started making excuses.

"The tide is too high," I say. "It's really cold. Wow, it's probably better somewhere else."

But like the great friend that she is, she ignored me and said, "Let's go surf!"

And we did. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is a good thing because tonight I looked at Vinny's flushed face and said, "Why does he look like he has a fever?"

Hubby got the thermometer out and took Vinny's temperature.

"It's 99.1," says Hubby.

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

At least it's a low grade fever. We aren't supposed to be on alarm until it hits 101, but after what he's been through it's impossible not to worry.

For the next few days, we'll be keeping a close watch on Vinny's temperature, and running blood work if the fever continues as per Saint Super Ped's orders.

And I will be incessantly repeating, "I trust Vinny's body to do the right thing."

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter