Thursday, December 23, 2010

Rollercoaster of Love Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Tweet This


So I have to say today was going really well. Until about 4 o'clock.

"I don't feel good," says Vinny.

"What do you mean, 'don't feel good?'" I ask.

"I NEED a bucket!" Vinny shouts.

Oh that kind of I don't feel good. Now I get it, barf doesn't really beat around the bush, now does it?

I started massaging Vinny's feet, and especially working on acupressure points specifically for nausea. We were facing an impending 5 o'clock dose of antibiotics, an empty stomach was not going to cut the it. I had to get some food in him, asap.

If there's one thing I've learned in all of this is, Do Not dose Vinny on an empty stomach. Two or three bites of bread helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down.

Vinny successfully ate enough food over an hour to take his 5 o'clock antibiotics. And it's already been over an hour since he took the medicine, so we're in the clear, phew! Hubby and I both agree, the vomit was probably due to the probiotics we gave Vinny this afternoon.

Don't worry we won't give him anymore, since they aren't critical to getting rid of the abscess.

And as I'm writing this, Hubby pokes his head in from the garage and yells, "We have overflow!"

"Okay," I say, acknowledging his reality, but offering no help whatsoever.

By the way, he's referring to the sink, the washing machine drains into, oh joy. I'm too tired to really care about plumbing problems at this point. I'm just going to sit back, tighten my seat belt, and hold on until this roller coaster ride is finished.

I was going to curse Mercury Retrograde in my next sentence, but Goddess knows I wouldn't want to tick whoever is in charge of this astrological menace, even more. So I am just going to surrender to the madness. What other choice do I have?

"Bless you," I say to Vinny. "Bless you."

Oh no, Vinny just sneezed twice. Code dREaD. Code dREaD, Code dREaD.

No comments:

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter