Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tomorrow's The Big Day!

Tweet This



Hey Internet I'm so excited! Tomorrow's the big drain. I mean big day! We are heading up to University of California, San Francisco Children's Hospital at 5 a.m. for a JP Drain Study. In other words, if the abscess is gone, the drain goes hasta la vista, baby.

Yes, it would have been easier to spend the night, rather than waking up at 4 a.m. But right now, if I don't have to leave Nay Nay Kitty overnight, I'm not going to. Her Nana is going to come and check on her tomorrow while we are gone.

"Make sure you make little triangle piles of food so she can eat," I say to my Mom.

"Yes, I know," assures my Mom.

Gio is spending the night with his Aunty and Uncle. I'm having a slight panic attack being separated from him again, so soon. But the choice was his.

"Do you want to go to the hospital with us?" I ask.

"No it's too far, I'm staying with Aunty Ri and Uncle Joe," answers Gio matter of factly.

If all goes well, we will be back tomorrow night. Vinny's feeling much better. We're back to business as usual, with me constantly saying, "stop teasing him!"

"Mom, you know I'd give my life for him," says Vinny.

Okay. I guess that makes sense in guy land. But I'm not a guy so I don't get it. Though I've watched the surfer dudes play this game for almost 25 years. Can everybody just get along?

I am under enough stress these days, without sibling rivalry adding to my list. Epsecially since I've gone cold turkey off of my surfing medication.

"I'm not surfing until you're better," I say to a surprised Vinny.

"I need to get better, so you can go surfing," says Vinny.

3 comments:

Eilee said...

Yeah!!! Glad he's better, thank god!
eileen

nana/mama said...

Iknow know that the drain is out. One morning of babysitting so you and son-in-law can go surfing.

wendy@areyoubreathing.com said...

Okay sounds like a date. Amen!!!!!!!!!!

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter