Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Harry Potter 7 Part 1

Tweet This

Vinny Potter

Long story short. Vinny is feeling better. He probably could have gone to school today, but we didn't have an official release from the surgeon. ***We do have one for Thursday and I can't wait to release my stress into the salt water***

Yesterday

"Hey Vinny do you want to go see Harry Potter tomorrow?" I ask.

"Yeah!" he says excited.

Later that same day, Hubby arrives home.

"Vinny, I don't want you playing video games all day tomorrow," lectures Hubby. "I want you to read these," Hubby says, handing him some non-fiction books.

"I won't need those, me and Mom have plans tomorrow!" says Vinny. "We're going to see Harry Potter."

He was really excited. Last night.

Today in the theater was an entirely different story.

"It's too loud!" he shouts over the scary previews. "Let's leave, now."

"Uh, we just got here," I say. "Let's give it a chance."

But he didn't hear me because his hands were glued to his ears.

"These are just previews," I assure him. "I have some earplugs in the car. Let's go get them."

"Okay," says Vinny.

On the way out to get the earplugs I see a movie attendant.

"The movie is way too loud," I say. "My son is ready to leave. I'm running out to my car to grab earplugs."

On our way back into the theater the movie attendant concurs, "it is too loud in there. They're adjusting the volume right now."

Well, by the time Harry Potter started Vinny was pretty revved up, and all I could think was, "MISTAKE, MISTAKE, MISTAKE, MISTAKE."

I put the earplugs in his ears. Thirty seconds later he says, "Here hold these."

"What are they?" I ask.

"Oh, the earplugs," I say, answering my own question.

Ten minutes into the movie he asks, "Is it almost over?"



Ugh.


After a while, he settles down to enjoy the movie. That's when I start in on him.

"Who's that?" I ask.

"What just happened?" I question. "I'm confused."

"Oh my gosh, no, not Doby!" I shriek, grabbing his leg. "That is so sad."

He sat there, patiently explaining all the plot intricacies, careful not to give away too much. Good thing the only other person in the theater was sitting far, far away from us. We must have been pretty annoying, well, I know I was.

"What did you think of the movie?" I ask afterwards.

"It was awesome!" he shouts, forgetting his fright. "But the book is better, and doesn't leave you in suspense, like the movie," Vinny says.

"Well, good thing you read the books (four times) because you already know what happens in the end," I remind him.

"Yeah," he says.
 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter