Monday, December 27, 2010

Flagyl Is The Devil

Tweet This


The Bucket View.


"The medicine will heal you, if it doesn't kill you first."

I'm sure someone said this before me, probably thousands of folks. As I had been posting, Vinny was getting sick from the antibiotics he was taking. With each passing day, he grew sicker, and ate less.

Yesterday, was Vinny's worst day yet. Hubby and I were sick with worry.

"I feel horrible," says Vinny.

"Do you have any pain?" we ask.

"No I just feel bleh," says a motionless Vinny from the couch.

Hubby and I both look at each other and say, "Let's call the doctor."

He dialed, and got the doctor on the phone.

"He's really sick," explains Hubby. "He just threw up again. He can't move without getting nauseous. He's hardly eating or drinking."

"Go ahead and take him off the Flagyl," instructs the doctor. "It's probably the one making him sick."

"Really?" I ask. "Is that a good idea with the abscess?"

"He's been on it 10 days, that's long enough." assures the doctor. "Just keep giving him the Cipro."

It was at this point I took a turn for the worse, or at least the sleep deprivation kicked me upside the head and in the stomach.

I don't do well with change. Suddenly being told to stop one of the medicines we were sent home with, sent my head spinning.

I laid down on the couch, put on my sleeping mask and fell fast asleep around 5:30 p.m. letting Dr. Hubby take charge.

It was exactly what I needed. I woke up after 9, but I just laid still, not moving. Vinny was not feeling great, but he wasn't barfing either. About an hour later we all went to bed.

Today, I'm happy to report, he's feeling better, pretty good, even. He ate and drank more than the last three days. He's moving without getting motion sickness.

Amen!

And if he feels better, than so do I. Though I'm sure getting the first good night's sleep in two weeks helped a lot.

Two more days to December 29th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

EndofTired said...

oh...I'm so glad he is off that awful (yet undoubtedly helpful) stuff! And I'm glad your body shut you down for a bit. You clearly needed it. And now you are both better! Yay!

Still sending lots of prayers. And a great sense of awe at your awesomeriffic ninja parenting skills.

Heather said...

So glad it seems he's on the road to recovery now!

Louis Vuitton iPhone 6 Wallet Case said...

There was 83 thefts in the first quarter of the year, compared to 79 in the same period last year, according to the report. The statistics also suggests that Stadium-Armory Metro Station had the most incidents of all stations during that period, with seven cellphone thefts.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter