Tuesday, December 14, 2010

JP Drain

Tweet This



I want to give everyone an update on Vinny. He's still having pain when he moves, but he's laughing and joking, so his spirits are coming up. Yay!!!!!!

Vinny walked around today, and he's eating more and more each meal. The doctor took him off IV fluids this afternoon.

He is running a fever around 100 degrees. Without Tylenol, it would be even higher. I don't feel like we're out of the woods yet, but I hope we're close.

He needs to be fever free for 24 hours before we can leave the hospital. Honestly, we don't want to leave the hospital prematurely, only to end up back here again, except to get the drain taken out.


JP Drain, or just "The Drain"

Speaking of the drain, it will be coming home with us, as an unwanted, but necessary appendage.

"I don't want to see it!" says Vinny. "It's disgusting."

"I'm sure no one does, but it will suck out the rest of the infection," I say. "Don't look at it."

"Ahhhhhh!" exclaims Vinny. "There it is! Hide it!"

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter