Saturday, October 4, 2008

Angels Are Real 2

Tweet This
On September 26th I posted a blog, "Jesus Saves." A true story of how my husband saved our neighbor's life. What I didn't write was how I felt about the incident and how grateful I am to him for saving her life.

When I came around the corner and saw my neighbor pinned in the door of her vehicle, the very life dissipating from her body, all I could think was, "that could be my Mom." Her daughter, an adult, was screaming hysterically. Her anguish filling every cell of my body. The body is made of trillions and trillions of cells. Her grandson, the same age as my own son, was right there too, shaking, screaming and crying.

All I could think was these people are depending on Jesus to save her. And I knew if anyone could do it, he could, and he did. And for that I will be forever grateful. I knew if she had died tragically, their lives would never be the same.

Gio and I comforted and held her grandson during the rescue efforts. "She's going to be okay," Gio reassured him.

Right then I realized we are all angels in our own right. While our everyday acts of kindness, compassion and smiles may not be life saving they are, nonetheless, angelic gestures. I do believe in angels without bodies, but I also know the angels with bodies here on Planet Earth are just as important.

We are all connected even though we have separate bodies. The body is made of trillions of cells, just as Planet Earth is made of billions of living beings. The body is the microcosm, Planet Earth is the macrocosm. The trillions of cells of the body, all work together for the well being of the body. All living beings could ideally be working together for the greater good of All Life On Planet Earth.

The weeks after the incident have been intense for us. I can't even imagine how our neighbors feel. The images are starting to go away. Although the car, which I have nicknamed Christine, is back and parked in front of our house, refreshing the visuals in my mind and the anxiety in my body.

This morning they gave Stefan a gift card to an upscale restaurant with this note inside:
"Thank you for being our Mom's guardian angel. We are blessed by your presence there and will forever be in debt to you. We can't thank or pay you enough for what you did. Please enjoy dinner on us. God Bless you and your family."

When I read the thank you note I cried. I was happy we could help and that Stefan was here that day. Just being there was enough for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to believe that Stephan gave away a bit of his heart that day...which is why he is having his problems now. God and the universe and all the people who care about him from school to students to the lives of people he touches in moments and instants will heal him soon

Anonymous said...

wow. that is some heavy stuff. things like this make you wonder about where we are and why we are... whether it in life in general... or at that exact moment. thank god you guys were there.

Anonymous said...

I am a firm believer that "Angels Are Real". As horrible as that day was for you and your family you were all put there for a reason. It can take days, months and even years to understand why things happen. You will in time "get it". Good does come out of horrible events. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Stephan and the neighbors so that your memories of that day will no longer haunt you.

 
Hit CountersFree Hit Counter